Some pics of my tank in its fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidpaul

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Please let me know what you think of it good or bad

Attachments

• DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0130.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC_0131.jpg
    DSC_0131.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0132.jpg
    DSC_0132.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 224
Moving this to the FW getting started forum. More people will see it there. BTW welcome to AA.

Love it mate! I tried cichlids but the tank was just not right with a cichlids setup so planted it became!

Morgie said:
I love the rocks! Nice job!
And welcome to AA~ ;)

Welshy said:
Love it mate! I tried cichlids but the tank was just not right with a cichlids setup so planted it ebecame!

Thanks Morgie and Welshy nice to here your great feed back have to say this cichlids cycle is the hardest thing every lol
Welshy why did your tank not look right mate you have lost me their

Sent from my X10i using Aquarium

I liked, does the background is just a blue sheet?

I think that will look even better with a black background IMO.

Nice tank...hope you can finish your cycle soon to be able to add your fish.

Looks great! The rock work is really nice.
I disagree about a black background looking better. The dark rocks won't stand out as much.

All in all, I think it looks nice, and will look even better when those Cichlids add a nice POP of color. :)

cichlidpaul said:
Thanks Morgie and Welshy nice to here your great feed back have to say this cichlids cycle is the hardest thing every lol
Welshy why did your tank not look right mate you have lost me their

Because my tank is a corner unit I couldn't get the length needed for the cichlids to gain territory height was also an issue in that because there was no width when i did build height it just turned in to a tower of stones and rocks which was not pleasing on the eye at all and so there was just a constant battle between the cichlids and an eye sore in the corner of the room! To be fair it was my own fault, they were one of the first fish I kept in the tank and really didn't read up on there needs etc I think if I had a larger tank (length) then I would still be keeping them now as they are gorgeous looking fish! Love your set up mate unfortunately there is only really room for a corner unit in my living room so a corner unit it must stay!

Hi Welshy

now i see what you mean corner tanks look better planted IMO . would you believe i got given that tank for free lucky me lol all i had to do was put the braces back in across the top to be honest i never had room for it so i had to bin some furniture and after a battle with my loverly wife i had a place for it lmao

Looks great! The rock work is really nice.
I disagree about a black background looking better. The dark rocks won't stand out as much.

All in all, I think it looks nice, and will look even better when those Cichlids add a nice POP of color. :)

thanks mandy

the background came stuck on the back of the tank when i got gave it lol but like yourself i think it works well

cichlidpaul said:
Hi Welshy

now i see what you mean corner tanks look better planted IMO . would you believe i got given that tank for free lucky me lol all i had to do was put the braces back in across the top to be honest i never had room for it so i had to bin some furniture and after a battle with my loverly wife i had a place for it lmao

I got in to this hobby because of the wife she wanted something for the corner of the room and while we were around the garden centre she spotted the trigon190 stocked as a show piece, well she wanted it so she got it and then very quickly after getting it home told me In no uncertain terms that it was my responsibility! I did not know the first thing about fish at all!! So off to the fish shop and bang....goldfish plastic plants gravel ... Pleco bits of rock ....cichlids sand and more rock ...now on community set up with platy guppy Cory catfish tetra(neon/black widow) few snails lotta plants!

Edit! Great deal on the free tank mate!

Lol mate thats wives for you mine was sorta the same once i had the fish that was it are they ok they need food ect lol but won't keep the tank in order may not be a bad thing lmao the main thing is we care about our fish as much as our kids must say your tank sounds nice get some pics up mate so i can see it would be cool and its nice to know you started from 0 and i would now say your up their with the best of us well done for keeping a good and healthy tank as it can be a lot of work i now ask had 3 tanks on the go sort of took over my life and with a baby not good so they all went worse thing i ever done . Where you from anyway mate thinking Wales with a name like that lmao

Haha yeah mate north wales in-between wrexham and Chester area, I will take some piks and get them uploaded when I get a chance, bought some windelov yesterday and tied it to some wood I had lying around, made a bonsai tree kinda look with it, substrate clouded the tank a bit yesterday so should be good again tonight....fingers crossed!

I would switch to a black background. Many cichlids are blue in color and they'll look ugly against a blue back.

Looks like a great tank....., I think it's wasted as a chinchilid set up tho that would make a great marine reef tank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Rossij101 said:
Looks like a great tank....., I think it's wasted as a chinchilid set up tho that would make a great marine reef tank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Wasted as a cichlid tank? That's a stupid comment. Whatever your tank is: planted, reef, cichlid, or a 1,000g with one shrimp as long as you are happy and that is what you want, go for it. All that matter is what you want not what other people think of your tank. You are going to be looking at it everyday. De-stressing you, making you fall asleep, bringing you joy and a lot more. Stick to whatever you want and don't change it because somebody think it's a waste.

Back
Top Bottom