Something growing on redmoor wood in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harlebora

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I was wondering what the furry white stuff growing on my redmoor wood in my tank is and if it is ok to leave or should it be cleaned off, all my plants are fine and aren't suffering from this neither is my driftwood pieces. Any ideas or help would be great, thanks.

Hi, I was wondering what the furry white stuff growing on my redmoor wood in my tank is and if it is ok to leave or should it be cleaned off, all my plants are fine and aren't suffering from this neither is my driftwood pieces. Any ideas or help would be great, thanks.

Your algae eaters should eat it all or u can scrub it off by hand. It's a harmless fungi that will go away by itself in time :)

Your algae eaters should eat it all or u can scrub it off by hand. It's a harmless fungi that will go away by itself in time :)

Thanks, I don't have fish in tank at the moment as it's cycling but I think I will leave it for when I add fish for them to eat now I know it's safe.

Back
Top Bottom