Something INSIDE of my liverock? *[updated w/ pics]*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody have any idea as to what the pictured clam is called? I just want to know exactly what I have on their. And if any special care is needed? I've heard that these species generally just pick up their food from the water column, need nothing special, etc.

I'm going to try and get a pic of my second clam, and both of them opened up. They weren't cooperating much yesterday. Grr..

Thanks. 8)

Arca Zebra Turkey Wing. Requirement? Nothing but live rock. Supposed to be extremely hardy and un-demanding. The only pics I could find were of just shells and they were so clean, it barely looks like them. LOL It says they are excellent and long lived in a home aquarium and have no special requirements. HTH

I'm goin with bivalve.. Got the same thing on my LR and had one die and it fell off.. have a few others still...
Almost like a clam...

I would assume that it needs phytoplankton to survive. I have them as well. So far, they seem happy (8 months now).

I have a good number in my tank. They are filter feeders and I use DT's live plankton with mine.

Yes, an arca turkey wing bivalve. (Isognomon) Also called a tree oyster. They don't need any special requirements. They are filter feeders. I've had mine since I got my live rock two years ago and have never added anything to the tank for them and they are doing great.

Back
Top Bottom