Something killing my flowerpot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok do I got a new flowerpot a about a week ago , at it seems to have something living " inside " it . And it seems to be having a negative effect on the coral as you can see the dead polyp next too it.

What ever this is, IS alive as it reacts to I'm guessing light , since when I Shawn a light on it when lights were out it retracted , and if I move close to the glass quickly it will also retract ?

What could be doing this

Attachments

• image-1133051536.jpg
    image-1133051536.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2038161675.jpg
    image-2038161675.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 72
Flowerpots are hard to take care of, but it could be a bristle work, feather duster, maybe a sea star? Hard to tell with no actual pic.

Don't know what could have caused that, but sorry to say Newfie, I don't think the Flowerpot will recover from that. They usually die off, even with the slightest abrasion. Once the tissue is compromised, they generally don't recover.
Best of luck with it, but don't take it too personally if you lose this one. They are a relatively hard coral to keep happy. I lost a purple one a few years back, for no apparent reason...

Flreefer said:
Don't know what could have caused that, but sorry to say Newfie, I don't think the Flowerpot will recover from that. They usually die off, even with the slightest abrasion. Once the tissue is compromised, they generally don't recover.
Best of luck with it, but don't take it too personally if you lose this one. They are a relatively hard coral to keep happy. I lost a purple one a few years back, for no apparent reason...

It's all good , I'm don't take anything in the such personal , ini did I would have stopped after a Nem died like 4 months back . What ever it was closed up 0_o , it look like a scallop shell almost, but it seems to have a clam type mantle ....... I'm so confused

Kio707 said:
Flowerpots are hard to take care of, but it could be a bristle work, feather duster, maybe a sea star? Hard to tell with no actual pic.

The purple " lip " around the hole IS a pick of what's in there .....

I'm gonna go to LFS tomorrow and tell them I want to return it , not like I would get a coral I know is being killed *_*

Back
Top Bottom