Something on my elegance coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone knows whats happening to my elegance. I have normal parameters. Ph 8.1-8.3. Temp swings from 77.5-79.1(have chiller and apex control system).

Attachments

• image-1942431603.jpg
    image-1942431603.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image-762600972.jpg
    image-762600972.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 156
  • image-497764416.jpg
    image-497764416.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 169
is that brown jelly? could be failing. It doesn't matter how many controllers you have, but if that coral came from Indonesia, which most of them do, it will not survive.

My elegance was doing the same thing!!! And now it is almost dead I think, but only 3 days ago looked like this. Did yours survive? If so, what did you do to save it?

yes it died at the lfs. My lfs gave me some credit and i bought something else. It was an aussie elegance too. Two different batches and i had the same problem with two elegances and i gave up. It could be a million things wrong when they come in and we wont know until we put it in our tanks. If its at your lfs for few months, then take a chance on it. I wouldnt even come close to an indo elegance. From I understand, a lot of elegance corals these days are not very hardy at all.

Well thank you for the update. I'm sorry about your luck, but mine seems to be about the same :/ better luck next time!

Back
Top Bottom