Somewhat cycling withblack phantom tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It says contains live bacteria, reduces maintinance, all natural, and adds bb
Says use weekly which I haven't been doing. I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt to add right? Could I add 1 ml per gallon instead of .5?

It wouldn't hurt to add it. Just use the recommended amount. Your params look good. Just do a big water change to get nitrates down. I think you're good to go.

You could do this many water changes and have one group of fish. lol

Check every 24 hours to keep parameters in check. Do pwc as much or as little as required to keep Ammo under .25 and Nitrites at about 0 and Nitrates at 20 or less for the best comfort and health of the fish.

Why were you thinking of crushed coral?

Get some fish already.

When you get the Phantoms, I would like to see pics! and how they color up too.

I went to the LCD and talked a while. Ended up buying tetra safe start! They said do a 25 percent change and pour the whole bottle in the filter. And then wait 3 days and if things are good add fish. Is this good advice? No more ammo dosing

I went to the LCD and talked a while. Ended up buying tetra safe start! They said do a 25 percent change and pour the whole bottle in the filter. And then wait 3 days and if things are good add fish. Is this good advice? No more ammo dosing

I don't think you need that stuff. Just get your nitrates down under 20 and get some fish.

He said no refunds on it?! And I'm gonna test soon, waiting for everything to settle in. The reason I bought it is because he said I didn't build up enough bacteria..?

He said no refunds on it?! And I'm gonna test soon, waiting for everything to settle in. The reason I bought it is because he said I didn't build up enough bacteria..?

Lol, you can't trust what they tell you at LFS in general. They're just trying to sell you stuff you dont need. I wouldnt trust anybody who said no returns on unopened, unused merchandise. You did a fishless cycle. You have enough bacteria. You should get your fish already. :)

So you aren't going to add any ammonia for 3 days? I'm afraid you will starve your bb that you worked so hard to get.

It says add the whole bottle into the filter... It is live bacteria and takes away harmful materials. If I don't need it I bet I'll be able to get at least store credit...

Yeah, seriously, I don't think you need it. But if you can't get store credit, just add it when you add your fish. But until then, I would keep dosing ammonia to feed your bb.

Alrighty.. Just wondering, any idea how come my lvls were going up and down so much? And depending on how things are ill get 6 fish on Monday..

I think that because your pH stays on the low side, your bb just process the ammonia more slowly. But it does get processed. The amount of ammonia you've been adding is probably more than your planned first fish will produce. So you should be good to go. If I were you I would still add the small bit of crushed coral to the filter to ensure stability.

Thanks. And I'm not sure on black phantoms or glow lights... The Los had some full grown glow lights and they were bright and big! Like them both alo

Back
Top Bottom