soooo stoked!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just got a Syncrossus berdmorei!!!! i love loaches and this is a beautiful one i feel extremely lucky too have come across this guy all i saw was a huge red tail in a tank full of your average tiger botia ask the guy to lift the rock and BAM 6in beauty came out and i knew i had to have him at the insane price of 5 dollars!! i will try to get some pictures up asap but im afraid i wont be able to afford a camera that will do this fish justice..
-david

heres a link.. Syncrossus berdmorei — Loaches Online
oh and i picked up a nice apollo shark who jumped out of the tank onto a ladder and to the floor i still bought him figuring he would be better off in my tank for a recovery effort im hoping he pulls through he looks good for now except i few missing scales
-david

thanks guys!! him and the apollo are both doing well i still will try and get an actual pic of him
-david

tiger%20botia

Sorry to semi-hijack, but I figure LostLoach wouldn't mind some loach enthusiasm ;)

There are so many different kinds! I've never seen a Tiger Botia (OP's loach) before, but everyone knows about Clown Loaches and Kuhlis... I also love Yo-Yos, Sidthmunki (dwarf chains), hillstreams, zebras :p it goes on and on. A very diverse (in looks, behavior, and tank requirements) group of fish.

I think if an aquarist really wants to know about multiple groups of fish from all around the world... along with cichlids, barbs/minnows/danios/rasboras, tetras, livebearers, and a few other "major" groups, loaches should definitely be on the short list! And that's why I hope to have a loach tank eventually :)

hey thanks taylor! and no not at all im glad to be able to share with other loach enthusiasts. hahaha thanks all for the comments

Back
Top Bottom