South American Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all! I am interested in obtaining South American Puffers. I've done my research and realize I will have to trim teeth etc and I am prepared for that but my LFS doesn't carry these cute little fish. I've asked them to see what they can order, but in the mean time does anyone have any of these SAP's and if so where did you get them? How is your tank set up etc? So far I have purchased sand for substrate, drift wood, a small amount of rock and Java ferns are on their way.

Thanks!!

Hello again. I don't think there is anybody on this forum that has a school of SAPs. Many only have 1 in a tank, but its not preferred that way as you may know. A school does get nippy, but many people who reports having 1 in a tank does not get nippy at all. One SAP in a tank does change its behavior. Unlike DPs, they will do not need heavily stocked tank due to lack of territorial issues. Just put some good decor for exploration. That is the only difference between this SAPS and every other types of puffers out there. They are the oddball in the puffer world.

Back
Top Bottom