Spoiled angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm hoping to get some input on a new little dilemma. My little angels are growing and seem very healthy. They have more than tripled in size. I offer several types of food, pellets, flakes, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp etc. I only offer the frozen foods once a week. Lately my marbled one has started fasting everything except the frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. He will literally allow flakes and pellets to float right by him. At first I was worried that he might be sick, but when I offered the bloodworms he went nuts..eating everything he could get in his mouth. He has held out for them for days.

My problem is that I've heard bloodworms are not a nutritionally complete diet at all. My fellow fishkeeper friend that I'm always debating with, says that she has never fed her angels anything but bloodworms, and they are fully grown and breeding. I continue to argue that they couldn't be healthy.

Anyway, will he be ok? I'm worried that he isn't getting enought to eat, and he is still young, only about the size of a 50 cent piece. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. What should I do?

OK, I'll try this again. My one of my young angels won't eat anything but bloodworms. I only offer them once a week. Will he survive being so picky?

sure, fish develop preferences. i feed my discus beefheart once a week. you dont have to feed them so often.

Back
Top Bottom