Sponge Bob Square Pants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Specialk302

Aquarium Advice Activist
i need some advice. i have a 56 gallon column tank that ive had for the past year and been trying to grow plants to make it look natural. But my wife has other plans for it. she wants it to look "pretty" with bright colors and sea shells like as if my fish are living with Sponge Bob Square Pants!! lol she doesnt like the look of it right now because she says it looks like a bottom of a pond. thats the look i want. so i had to put a fake piece of corral in there with a bright plastic tree looking thing in there. so is there anything you guys can give me advice on to change her mind??? i even had a old 3 gallon glofish tank i set up for her yesterday with all these "Pretty" colors and put some guppies in there but she wants MY Tank to look like that. soooo please help me!!!

Silly man..you can never change a woman's mind...just go with the flow and count your blessings she is not trying to dress the fish up in cute leopard print outfits

Divorce her and buy more tanks. Jk show her some pictures of planted tanks on google. Once you get more experienced you can get more colorful plants there are red, pink, etc plants that you could put in your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Happy Wife = Happy Life (or some crap like that), lol.

Unless you have a Man-Cave that she won't go into, not much you're going to be able to do with keeping in opinion out of your tank. Giving her a tank may be worse as now she can test things in hers that will look 'nice' in yours.

My Column 56

Attachments

• 20140827_181349.jpg
    20140827_181349.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 20140827_181247.jpg
    20140827_181247.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 109
Ive shown her pictures and shown her youtube vidoes on the bigscreen but nooooooo.... thats ugly she says. So i guess my beautiful planted tank wil have to wait. :( This is her tank right now. The guppies are hiding in the tank. The blue led light is on but I do have a 6500k bulb next to it.

Attachments

• 1409256010545.jpg
    1409256010545.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 91
Compromise is the name of the game. Let her ruin your tank on the basis that you get a new 75g that she stays the hell away from.

Failing that, give her a FO tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Who takes care of the tank. If you feed the fish and do wc etc than you should be able to choose what goes in it.

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Aquarium Advice app

lmao, not married yet huh? :D LMAO @ applying logic to married life, that was cute.

I've been married for almost 10 years and my wife intrinsically knows that she has no right to tell me how to stock my aquarium. Just as I would never consider telling her what to plant in her raised beds.

On the other hand, one's spouse saying, "No, we don't have room for another tank" or "100 gallons is too big... how about 55 gallons instead?" is a lot more reasonable.

When we had our first house built, my wife agreed to let me finish the basement any way that I wanted. The only condition was that she can paint/decorate the rest of the house any way she wanted.

12 years later, the house is as she wanted ALONG with the way she wanted MY basement.

But at least she agreed to the in wall tank in the basement which opened up a few sq ft if floor space. She lets me do with the tank as I please so my tank is pretty much my man cave.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom