Spots on clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bromion

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I have had a new B&W Ocellaris in my quarantine tank for a bit over two weeks now. It had Ich, which I treated with formalin for a week. It looks like the Ich has gone (the fish was covered in it), but there are still lingering white spots on its dark bands. There are also tiny red dots on top of its frontal white band.

You can see a not-so-great picture with one of the affected areas circled:

http://static.flickr.com/44/115556710_26ca894c1b_o.jpg

Is this normal discoloration, or left-over Ich? I am continuing the formalin in the quarantine tank still.

Thanks,
Jason

Have you considered hyposalinity as a treatment? It is much more gentle on the fish, while being 100% effective on the ich.

Whatever treament you use, you need to continue for several weeks after the last sign of the disease on the fish, as the ich only gets killed during the phase of it's life when it's not on the fish. If you stop treating when the ich dropps off the fish, the life cycle will start again and re-infect the fish.

The jpg compression on that file was too high, the colors are all washed out. I couldnt' see the spot you were refering to.

Back
Top Bottom