spots on my marbled angel ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghettorigged

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK, I was testing & cleaning my tank this morning when I noticed my rapidly-growing marbled angel has a couple of small orange spots on her left side, very near her head. I was like "oh, she must have koi in her blood!" and just went about cleaning. I then showed a friend how my angel has a couple of 'koi' spots and she was like "were they always there or is that something wrong with her?"

Of course, that made we wonder if she always had the spots and finally grew big enough for me to notice them, or if she has a disease.

Anyone know of small orange spots being a sign of illness? :?:

thanks

Of course, that made we wonder if she always had the spots and finally grew big enough for me to notice them, or if she has a disease.

I don't know of any disease that would cause orange spots. Is she acting normally? feeding, being active, all that sort of thing?

You may not have noticed the spots before this, I'd just keep an eye on her for now.

She acts normally (eats, begs for food, repeat :) ).

Thanks! I will keep an eye on her. Let me know if you run across any info in the mean time.

This is just a guess...could it just be coloration from the genes of one or more in his "family"? Like an orange angel snuck in there somewhere?

I would suggest possibly using a magnifying glass and inspecting it. Theyre orange right? Not reddish bloodlike streaks?

Back
Top Bottom