Spots on oranda wen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomCarter13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought an oranda a week ago and when i floated the bag in my aquarium i noticed one 1 spot on the orandas wen. I'm pretty sure it's not ich because the spots are bigger then ich spots (i'll leave photos down below) i kind if thought it was nothing and as the days went by it got smaller and yesterday it almost disappeared but today it came back and there was another spot next to it? It isn't cottony. None of the other fish have any signs of sicknesses or health issues but neither is the oranda :/ it eats (alot) it always swims about and is still very beautiful!
Please help :/ he is my favourite :/

Tank size: 60 gals
Ph: 7.0
Am:0
Nitri:0
Nitra: 5ppm

110% water changes every week

Highly oxygenated.

Bare bottom with 2 pieces of driftwood and a few anubias plants.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404988478.977957.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404988555.745431.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404988619.009550.jpg

There is a total of 5 goldfish in here (and thats how its staying).

Also sorry about bad photo quality as he kept moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's a gorgeous fish.

I wonder whether it is just wen growth? I have read that wen growth can present as pimple like spots.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm.

He's a gorgeous fish.

I wonder whether it is just wen growth? I have read that wen growth can present as pimple like spots.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm.

+1

It just appears to be normal wen growth. The white spots will come and go during periods of growth. You may even notice white strings or fuzziness from them. The most important thing is very healthy water and a very nutritious diet. Nothing to be concerned about unless the spots become red/inflamed and/or ulcerated which indicates a much more serious issue.

Yes! They sometimes have occasionally got white strings come out but that hasn't happened in a few days. No redness and i also try keep water at pristine levels :)

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom