Spots on Parrot Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Noticed some brown spots / patches on my little guy. More and more keep coming. He seems healthy. Almost like changing color? But to brown? Attached is a few pics. I've had Em for about a month now or a little more

Also I read online (idk how true this is) that they are "dyed" since their man made? And that's them losing color?

Attachments

• image-3381816603.jpg
    image-3381816603.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image-1466199666.jpg
    image-1466199666.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2334447405.jpg
    image-2334447405.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 56
There are two reasons for this condition and the first is due to stress, could be from aggression from other tankmates, the change in location, or simply a overly shy fish. The second reason is harmless as they go through a good amount of color morphs when they're younger which is completely normal.

There are two reasons for this condition and the first is due to stress, could be from aggression from other tankmates, the change in location, or simply a overly shy fish. The second reason is harmless as they go through a good amount of color morphs when they're younger which is completely normal.

Highly doubt it's from stress cuz it's a very calm tank NO aggressive fish. And it's a very healthy tank. So probably just a color change.

Thanks! And I'm with you. Lets ban pencils!!!

Back
Top Bottom