Springtails in lid of tank!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

...joey...

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got an infestation of springtails on the surface of my water and all inside my lid and filter media because I have an in lid filter. I know they are harmless and actually good food for my fish but I want them gone it looks horrible when you open up the lid anyone know of any way of getting rid of them????

I had an outbreak a while back. Mine eventually just went away. (eaten or just died off) not sure how to get rid of them yourself though. It was funny though when I had them I had no clue what they were . Just opened my lid and was like "what the hell is that" luckily I had the members on here to tell me. I don't know what I would do without this forum

Paxdaddy said:
I had an outbreak a while back. Mine eventually just went away. (eaten or just died off) not sure how to get rid of them yourself though. It was funny though when I had them I had no clue what they were . Just opened my lid and was like "what the hell is that" luckily I had the members on here to tell me. I don't know what I would do without this forum

They've been in there for about six months I guess il just have to get used to them lol.

...joey... said:
They've been in there for about six months I guess il just have to get used to them lol.

Same here.

Unfortunately they are attracted to the moist conditions under the hood.

They feed on decaying matter. Plant leaves and biofilm.

The only time I saw a real decline in numbers in my tank was when I starved the tank for nearly 6 days.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom