SPS & CLAMS under VHOs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, there are many that can be kept under that lighting in an appropriately sized tank. If I remember correctly you have a 90g? Keeping them in the upper 1/4 of the tank...Id say you can keep..
-M. digitata
-Hydnophora (horn coral)
-P. damicornis
-M. capricornis
-Stylophora
-Sieratapora hysterix (spelling?)
-T. squamosa
-T. derasa
-T. gigis

IME, the clams can be kept towards the bottom of the tank. I would steer away from T. crocea and T. maxima. I have read accounts of several acropora sp being kept under VHO lighting. If you get tank raised frags...the chances increase dramatically for a lower light tolerant SPS.

Reef runner, so this is your other hangout. :lol: :lol:
Will they hold there color or appear brown like some I've seen
Thanks I'll keep this list

MINIATUS

Well some will hold there color, some will become more colorful and some will become brown. There is no real way to tell. I am experiencing something wierd with one of my acros, the original frag has maintained it's color very well, but all the new branches are much lighter than the original, go figure :roll: Simple fact is, there is no way to tell how they will react with MH lights or PC lights or VHO lights etc. FWIW, When I had my 150, I hade 750W OF VHO and I kept Pavona (one I forgot to put on the list), Hydnophora and stylophora, as well as several T. maximas a T. crocea and a T. derasa (all clams were on the bottom of the tank). None lost any color and the pavona went from brown to green, the hydnaphora went berserk growing at an astounding rate and the stylophora kept it's color and developed some very pretty pink tips.

Back
Top Bottom