Sps dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always test 0 for nitrate grated I just use api to test it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

0 nitrates are virtually impossible, api is known for incorrect test results.

there is a difference between cloning and splitting I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree but what I have read just states no one knows why it happens. We are all entitled to our opinions I just haven't seen any hard proof about why it happens.

I beleive stress causes a split ( bad ) and stress is caused by many things ( lighting, parameters, etc...). a cloning is however better and good and the anemone is seen as happy during this.

however it is hard to differentiate between the two

It should be noted that any drastic swings can be stressful. This is to include the things we see as good. Add too much gfo at once and suck out so much phosphate you can stress things out too, as an example. This is why I talk about being pristine and stable.

So im a little low on my gfo right now and i was wondering if i can or should just run carbon in my reactor with the little maybe 3oz of gfo i have left? Maybe my cheato would take off with little higher phosphates but im scared that it might ruin my corals, atm i run carbon in a bag but i feel like it doesn't do its job or a sufficient enough job

So my alk is at 7-8 right now. I was wondering what if i placed it higher? Like 12? Would it be faster growth/color or would it just do more harm then good?

No keep all at 9 12 is pushing it 9 is what is always recommended.

So what 12 does more harm then? How come?

No everything I've read just says keep it around 9 but between 8and 12 is acceptable. I don't know why I just keep it at 9. I do know that over dosing can cause parcipitation.

overdosing alk can kill a lot of corals ( I beleive high alk affects zoos and shrooms )

It's more swings in the levels that bothers things, my alk is pretty high ( 11.5ish last time I checked, but it's been a while I don't test very often :eek: ) but I use rscp and it mixes at a little over 12 at .025. Stability is key over any particular number IME.

So the birdsnest that i got went from being completely fine one day to waking up the next looking all bleached. So I took it and fragged it and put it in different spots in my aquarium hoping one of them will come back. Some have a couple polops but barley. Any idea what it could be? Or any suggestions? I read around and some people say its normal??

So the birdsnest that i got went from being completely fine one day to waking up the next looking all bleached. So I took it and fragged it and put it in different spots in my aquarium hoping one of them will come back. Some have a couple polops but barley. Any idea what it could be? Or any suggestions? I read around and some people say its normal??

All the flesh was kinda gone the next day?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414373413.129044.jpgthats what one of the frags now looks like. I did go on live aquaria and tried from day one to put it where it says and do what it says

I mean if something was really bad in my tank wouldnt the acros go first? They seem to be really happy and polops are really open and everything

Well i put it like mid tank so its not that strong and the other guy had them under leds so i wasnt thinking it would matter much

Back
Top Bottom