Standard Biocube Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is your opinion on the stock biocube filtration. IE the balls and little carbon insert that it comes with. I know there are mods that you can do but are they successful in creating a more efficient use of the back of the tank?

thanks,
Brandon

Oh yes ..... Go to mediabaskets.com I think .... For intank mods. First and best thing I did so far. Start there they have some good stuff as far as filtration is concerned.

Attachments

• image-2250298381.jpg
    image-2250298381.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 72
What do you put in the media basket?

nevermind, end of video had it. what do you think of their suggestions?

Filter floss-->Purigen-->Chemi pure elite?

I run the exact same in mine and it seems to work great. Filter in first section, purigen in section 2, then chemi pure or chemi pure elite in third. Elite is slightly more money so I grab it when budget allows.

How often do you rinse your media parts in dirty water and in what order?

Capncavey said:
How often do you rinse your media parts in dirty water and in what order?

Every water change I throw out the poly/filter floss and replace. About every month I check the purigen if it's all red I replace. I don't re charge it as the directions say you can I just get a new one. Now the phosguard I've heard different things like it doesn't last long at all, maybe a few days to maybe a week or two. I replace once a month. If phosphates aren't an issue I don't use it and just keep testing. I haven't had any issues yet (knock on wood)

I'll take the heater out, the media basket and pump to clean I. Water/vinegar mix probably every few months just to keep things clean and free of gunk and build up.

Back
Top Bottom