Started Salt to Freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooltop

Aquarium Advice Freak
72g Bow

It is going to look weird not seeing a clownfish swimming around.

Checking for leaks at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 116
Bowfronts always look nice, especially when planted (I'm biased). Are you going to be planting it? I see you have quite the fixture there (Nova Extreme Pro?).

Most people flip the other way...fresh to salt..what made you decide to go fresh? Just curious as my 75 has/had flipped back and forth at least three times :) more due to water quality in areas to which I tranferred after getting the tank.

Bowfronts always look nice, especially when planted (I'm biased). Are you going to be planting it? I see you have quite the fixture there (Nova Extreme Pro?).

I dont know anything on plants so I will probably not go that route. Yep the that is a Nove Extreme Pro. I will only be using like 2 or 3 max bulbs on this tank

Most people flip the other way...fresh to salt..what made you decide to go fresh? Just curious as my 75 has/had flipped back and forth at least three times :) more due to water quality in areas to which I tranferred after getting the tank.

I had a 30g freshwater first. I got up on morning and sold the 30g went and got the 72G B and had it for about a year or so. The rocks and everything just got so nasty looking and it just got out of control. It was also the mixing of the salt and water changes and the Sump was never setup correctly. In the long run I wish I had kept the Overflow inside the tank so I could go back to Saltwater one day but on the other hand I want a 120 tank for it. I enjoyed the saltwater tank alot I have all the stuff still so I can always go back if needed.

The sand storm.now it's just wait and hopefully my filter will be in wed

Attachments

• image-108389336.jpg
    image-108389336.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 76
With a 72 you have a good sized tank for just about anything. If you haven't already, head over to Liveaquaria.com..they are a branch of That Pet Place. They have great pics, compatability charts, desired water parameters, adult sizes and minimum recommended tank sizes for just about any freshwater fish available. It really is all in personal taste as to what you go for. I like the livebearers mainly due to body shape and colors. I also like angelfish and cory cats. Others are cichlid fanatics while still others go for a lot of schooling fish like tetras.

You want to get fish that occupy the three heights in the tank...bottom dwellers..these are the catfish; middle dwellers which will have their mouths in front (I know that sounds funny :) I think the tetras, angelish etc, and then top dwellers, like the livebearers, where the mouth is more upturned (all the better to catch the food at the top).

This doesn't mean they stay within their standard level...as you know fish go where they want :)

Just as with salt, light stocking is preferred. While the old rule of thumb is one inch of adult fish per gallon, this is just a general guide. It depends on what the fish needs like swimming room, a little of its own territory etc.

Thanks for the info just whisk my canister would cone to help take care of the sand storm in the tank. Came close on buying a HOB for a 30g tank to start taking care of it

Well Sand storm is taking longer than I expected to clear so Looks like im going to get a HOB so my canister will not do all the work. Any suggestions??

Well got home from work and it's looking better. Can not wait to hook up my filter to get here to clean it up some more

Attachments

• image-3898745570.jpg
    image-3898745570.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom