Started up my 20 Gallon : Guppy Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NonExistant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Day 1 of the cycling process ..I am going to get guppies so any advice would be great XD..
Image1488075528.671725.jpg
Image1488075632.360534.jpg

If you have an aquarium club around and can attend monthly meetings (or as often as possible). You may find some local breeders, and have a good chance of getting some nice fish.

Welcome!

Are you planning on continuing as a fishless cycle?

If you want to gain a good amount of basic fish keeping info, check out the link in my signature, "Getting Started" is a Aquarium Advice article.

Realize that a female Guppy is nearly always pregnant and this will mean you might require an additional tank with great filtration for fry. Hikari First Bites is a good basic food for fry.

Autumnsky is right, you're inevitably going to have baby guppies in your tank. You don't *have* to have a second tank for them, but some may get eaten if they're raised with the adults. To give them a better chance, buy some java moss to give them hiding places until they're too big to be snacks.

Also I'd recommend trying to get two females for every male, otherwise the males might pester the ladies to exhaustion.

IMG_1833.JPG

I changed up the aquarium a bit and I got rid of the air bubble because the air pump was way to loud..I have amazon swords all over the tank and java ferns and Anubis nana ..I don't know if the plants would make it with gravel but well just see if they survive

Looks great! Is that red and green plant in the center foreground live too? If so, what is it?

Back
Top Bottom