Starting a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why turn the 200 into a FOWLR!?!? reef!
I want the reef but I love the big tangs and triggers that would eat all my pretty corals.

So I get a reef with little shiny fish like chromis, a royal gramma, a flame angel.... and my somewhat aggressive fowlr for the big angels, triggers, an eel....and most importantly, a porcupine puffer

I still get all the fish I want, and another tank! ;)

I really really wanted a reef, but I don't really want to sit and babysit every fish I put in it not to eat it. It's the current plan. I did buy lighting for reef though so a change in plans could happen should I become convinced that a reef would work without all the fish eating it...

what if i told you that the next person to start a reef in a 200gallon tank who had a username called Flake on Aquarium Advice would win a shiny new car?

Close but I don't need a new car... My problem is just the fish I like. They're either teeny, safe and scrumptious or large and hungry

okay then:

what if i told you that the next person to start a reef in a 200gallon tank who had a username called Flake on Aquarium Advice would win all the fish that they wanted for free?

I want the reef but I love the big tangs and triggers that would eat all my pretty corals.

So I get a reef with little shiny fish like chromis, a royal gramma, a flame angel.... and my somewhat aggressive fowlr for the big angels, triggers, an eel....and most importantly, a porcupine puffer

I still get all the fish I want, and another tank! ;)
Tangs are okay for a reef setup if you have a big enough tank. Length is more important then height if you plan to keep tangs.

I just don't want to chance anyone nibbling my corals. it's 80" long so thats not the issue xD

I put in what rubble I had and have some porcelain beads for the filter lying around that I put in, I figured it would act essentially like the lr until I build up my rubble.

UPDATE

Since the advent of the 46, all the inhabitants of the 10 have moved. Even the shrimp was getting too big for the tank. :)

So we've undergone a revamp. Gave the tank a good cleaning. put some rock back in. It may be getting a wee frogspawn from the big tank (the bf wants a bigger piece of it in the 46) and probably xenia. (I have a lot of it now) But for now, we have a new inhabitant.

img_1024736_0_ff8e46ea7094923252b183438ce6cb94.jpg

:)

sorry for terrible quality. There's some crud on the glass, but he's so skittish I didn't want to clean it with him out of his cave.

Back
Top Bottom