Starting a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do now! I took one, just for you guys. Feel special. :)

I've been a little behind in updating. I had a wee ich attack on the tang (shocking :roll: ) and a oranda problem :( but have started adding corals! :O!

We now have torch corals, a blue mushroom, a purple plate (my boyfriend wanted it bad) and two small pieces of xenia my lfs gave me! I came in to pick up my skimmer and lights for the big tank and asked if they had any in stock. They only had the two little bits so they just gave them to me! :mrgreen:

It's still a little red, but improving greatly with the corals.

img_1014603_0_bdd9f62f4c2f33077c5cb439e813f5c5.jpg

whatcha think? :)

I do now! I took one, just for you guys. Feel special. :)

I've been a little behind in updating. I had a wee ich attack on the tang (shocking :roll: ) and a oranda problem :( but have started adding corals! :O!

We now have torch corals, a purple muchroom, a purple plate (my boyfriend wanted it bad) and two small pieces of xenia my lfs gave me! I came in to pick up my skimmer and lights for the big tank and asked if they had any in stock. They only had the two little bits so they just gave them to me! :mrgreen:

It's still a little red, but improving greatly with the corals.

img_1014613_0_bdd9f62f4c2f33077c5cb439e813f5c5.jpg

whatcha think? :)

Thats awesome, you have a good LFS as well! :shocked!: Tank looks good though!

Thank you! I like my lfs. There's one guy there that's become my buddy. He treats us well. "I wont sell you this coral, it looks weaker, this one looks good though" or "These are too small for me to sell, i'll just bag em for you" Though after the extraordinary sum we're spending there lately, they dont mind a small xenia here and there. :)

Flake!! Awesome 10G!!!! I love the way it looks!!! Very good job, and im very proud that you are keeping up with this tank WHILE building the 200g. Awesome job and awesome progression. Also, if you would be so kind, could you tell me the name of that blue coral? It looks like a flower and its sitting on that green rock. I love it, it looks awesome. Great tank.

P.S. That tang is uber small.

Thank you. The really disgusting part is i'm also setting up a 46 gallon reef in a tank I found cheap on craigslist. (Multiple Tank Syndrome is killing me! but now the 200g can be a FOWLR community with tangs, triggers, angels and an eel!) I was thinking of upgrading this one, but its starting to look so good. I may just make another >w<

Isn't he a cutie? I think he's even grown a little since I got him!

That is actually a mushroom! I fell in love with marine mushrooms. They come in green, purple, blue and I think a few other colors. Check them out!

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=597+598

Thanks! I'm not gonna put the money into it just to watch it fail. If something goes wrong I want to be sure I notice it before it's too late.

Thank you! I like my lfs. There's one guy there that's become my buddy. He treats us well. "I wont sell you this coral, it looks weaker, this one looks good though" or "These are too small for me to sell, i'll just bag em for you" Though after the extraordinary sum we're spending there lately, they dont mind a small xenia here and there. :)

Yeah I know, I have become friends with my LFS because I spend all my money there now, lol, but we get along great and its nice to have and trust someone because in the end it pays off. Mine is a nice guy and IDK if you read but he's moving my tank for me for free which is awesome! Im happy for you though! :squarewink:

I did see that. I'm jealous! I live too far for that, even if I was to buy a tank through them. You lucked out big time!

I did see that. I'm jealous! I live too far for that, even if I was to buy a tank through them. You lucked out big time!

Yeah I know, I did luck out, thank you!

BTW, I too have developed MTS (multiple tank syndrome) because I now have a 29g FOWLR, an 8g I just got yesterday for IDK what yet (probably some coral and seahorses), a 5g molly fry tank, and a 25g turtle tank...:rolleyes:

P.S. Im not stopping either...8-O

The coralline burst that I had (and still going) is awesome! It replaced all the ugly brown from the diatoms and made everything this awesome neon green and dark red/purple color on the LR!
Things must be going great and your tank likes it's paramenters to have all that coralline growing. Good for you.....

Oh i'm doomed. I was trying to decide what to do with the 200g tank and my boyfriend suggested breaking down the fresh tank and making it a reef and putting the big coral unsafe fish in the 200g. Stumbled upon a 46g bowfront for cheap and that's turning into my reef. So i'll have the 55 fresh, the 200g fowlr, the 46g reef and possibly still the 10g nano reef. This is a horrible disease.

Is there a cure other than continuing till satisfaction is reached?!

Oh i'm doomed. I was trying to decide what to do with the 200g tank and my boyfriend suggested breaking down the fresh tank and making it a reef and putting the big coral unsafe fish in the 200g. Stumbled upon a 46g bowfront for cheap and that's turning into my reef. So i'll have the 55 fresh, the 200g fowlr, the 46g reef and possibly still the 10g nano reef. This is a horrible disease.

Is there a cure other than continuing till satisfaction is reached?!

I dont think satisfaction will ever be reached, lmao

Back
Top Bottom