Starting all over again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently moved out to colorado and wasn't able to bring my 55 gal tank. My old man was nice enough to take my fish in his 33 long so he could ship my tank and all of the necessities with it. I'm going to try everything different.

Planted. Sand. New fish.

My fish will consist of

1. 2 Angels
2. 2 Bolivian Rams
3. 5 corys(haven't decided which kind)
4. 1 pleco(hopefully clown)
5. 10 neon tetras
6. 1 rainbow shark(most likely albino)

For plants I'm not to sure yet. It's going to be my first planted to tank and have done some research. Easy ones to take care of and maintain that done require a ton of light. I'll buy lots of driftwood also.

I'll post pictures once i receive my tank and get it going.

Comments or criticism is more then welcome and do's and do nots are also welcomed ha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Seems like you got most of it down... If you use sands as a substrate you'll defiantly need root tabs for heavy root feeding plants.

Yup I'll be getting some.

Yea, I have my 55g planted... But I use Black activ flora, it's comparable to Eco complete except finer...

Oh ok cool. I'm most likely going to go with the Eco complete. Haven't heard any complaints and seems like a lot of people use it

Yea, supposably it's one of the best gravels for plants... I was going to buy that brand but someone told me activ flora was better. So that's what i bought. I can't say for sure which is best because I've never used Eco complete. But I've heard good things about it, and like you said, a lot of people use it.

Yeah I don't need the best of the best or anything. Just one that keeps my plants alive ha.

Ya, I spent so much on my gravel and I don't think it even helped that much.

Yeah sometimes it's just not worth it. Excited to start a planted tank. IMO it looks so much better for the fish and better looking in general. Plus I don't think I have to vacuum(thank god)

Yea, I like the look a lot better. And ya I never vacuum the bottom of the tank. I just take water from the top..

Back
Top Bottom