Starting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for some suggestions for fish. I know that I definitely want at least 2 clowns and an anemone. Wasn't sure how tangs would flourish in a 75g. And highly considering a cleanup crew of a shrimp and hermit crab. Just filling my tank now. Obviously I have a little while before I stock but never to early to start planning
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458616128.678967.jpg

There's lots of fish you could do in that size tank. Is it gonna be a reef setup? There's lots of wrasses that could go in there, blennies, gobies, hawkfish, a dwarf angel (reef caution), clowns. Royal gramma basslets are cool but do hide as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There's lots of fish you could do in that size tank. Is it gonna be a reef setup? There's lots of wrasses that could go in there, blennies, gobies, hawkfish, a dwarf angel (reef caution), clowns. Royal gramma basslets are cool but do hide as well.

Yea it's going to be a reef setup. Nice so I have options

Yea it's going to be a reef setup. Nice so I have options

Yes definitely. You could probably do a smaller tang like a kole or tomini but I'd definitely add them last

I too agree with a tang in the bristle tooth variety. Yellow eyed Kole tangs to me are the prettiest. No sand?

I too agree with a tang in the bristle tooth variety. Yellow eyed Kole tangs to me are the prettiest. No sand?

It's going to be live sand so I'm filling initially with RODI water then adding salt and then the live sand

You'll need to wait a while before adding the anemone. The need a mature tank and make sure your lights are strong enough to support one

Not on here, I'm out of my pic limit on here and since I'm always on mobile anyway I just put my pictures on Instagram. Anyway, he's been a shy little thing but so far no problems at all with my six line or my clown pair. He's just not very photogenic yet. Don't really blame him though, he was the smallest tang in his display tank and has the small fin nicks and such to prove it.

I'm thinking about starting off with 2 clowns and then slowly adding a coral beauty, a diamond goby and maybe a clean up crew. Any other suggestions? What makes up a good clean up crew?

You might want to stay away from the Diamond Goby.It will starve to death in that size tank,especially with it being a new tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You might want to stay away from the Diamond Goby.It will starve to death in that size tank,especially with it being a new tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The tank is too big for him is what you're saying?

No the tank isn't mature enough to allow the goby to feed naturally. Your sand bed doesn't have all the organisms built up in it

Okay so I'll hold off on the goby then. I wasn't sure because I have 80 lbs of live sand so I thought he would be okay

Live sand just means it has some beneficial bacteria on it. It takes time for the tank to mature and all all the sand dwelling worms and pods to occupy their niche in the tank. This is really what the goby would be eating.

I just wouldn't make the goby the first fish introduced.
Let the tank mature a bit first

Back
Top Bottom