Starting my FIRST saltwater tank!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That very rarely happens. It comes down to food source and ability to breed. Most of our systems simply don't have what it takes for certain things to breed. Though I've seen pictures of systems where the population explodes to unimaginable levels, in most cases they either die off completely or stay in very small numbers. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sniper is the only reason people call them pests because they show up uninvited? Do they do any damage to the system, or are they like pond snails in a freshwater- ugly but tolerable?

Pretty much. They won't do any damage to anything. Some claim that there are some that will eat polyps, but at the end of the day starfish are a clean up crew mamber that isn't just one starfish. There are so many different types and the odds of finding that 1 in a supposed million shouldn't be worried about.

Thanks Sniper!

Looking good Ricey! It looks like a fairly deep tank! Does the goby dig or just chill out on the sand like that mostly?

Oh it digs alright. Did nothing but dig dig dig the first few days. Moved my entire sand bed around and even a few corals.

IMG_4328.jpg here is a slight update! New additions!!!! A pair of baby DaVinci Clowns! I unfortunately had to get rid of my Coral Banded Shrimp just because it's too badass for my tiny tank. It murdered my peppermint shrimp so that was a no no. Traded it for a cleaning shrimp. You should be able to spot the clown fishes!

Back
Top Bottom