Starting my Tank Rehab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water test c/w

pH 8.0
NO2 0ppm
NO3 5ppm
NH3/NH4 0ppm

Lost one ghost shrimp, eggs hatched from another, and have a survivor. everything looks great, plants are greener than ever, next on my buy list is a new lighting fixture w/ T5HO lights, and a trimming tool.

Went to lfs today, picked up 5 albino cory cats now I have 6 and whitie won't be lonely anymore lol.. On a sad note, I'm short one Fancy Guppy. I looked everywhere, even removed the caves, couldn't find anything, not even remains. I have a feeling when I acted noobish and left the hood open, he jumped and my dogs got to him. Sucks now I'm down to 3 guppies.

GoneFishing said:
Went to lfs today, picked up 5 albino cory cats now I have 6 and whitie won't be lonely anymore lol.. On a sad note, I'm short one Fancy Guppy. I looked everywhere, even removed the caves, couldn't find anything, not even remains. I have a feeling when I acted noobish and left the hood open, he jumped and my dogs got to him. Sucks now I'm down to 3 guppies.

:( that's depressing. Are you planning to get more?

A few pics from today, both of the shrimp are ghosties and both are berried. I got 6 cory cats total now, I'm sure he is happy to have friends.

37874-albums1787-picture12218.jpg

37874-albums1787-picture12216.jpg

37874-albums1787-picture12215.jpg

37874-albums1787-picture12220.jpg

37874-albums1787-picture12221.jpg

The pleco scared me lol! I just look at the pic and see a big red eye looking up at me! Looks great man, fish and tank wise.

Yea it's a good pic, I need to start looking for a decent macro lens for my camera so I can take better close-ups

Lost some stock yesterday. Woke up to a dead shrimp and a MIA guppy. Found the guppy, guess shrimp pulled it inside the rock hide. Not sure if it was just time, gotta test my water again tonight.

GoneFishing said:
Lost some stock yesterday. Woke up to a dead shrimp and a MIA guppy. Found the guppy, guess shrimp pulled it inside the rock hide. Not sure if it was just time, gotta test my water again tonight.

Aww, poor guy. Sounds good.

Water tests good.
pH 8.0
NitrIte 0ppm
NitrAte 20ppm
Ammo 0ppm

Not sure what cause the loss of a shrimp and a guppy but that's two guppies gone in less than a week..

So pics of the tank as of today.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110709_101105.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110709_101105.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 52
  • ForumRunner_20110709_101209.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110709_101209.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom