starting new tank again and this time i want a shark...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazylb7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello i just joined today and i was needing some advise from more knowledged people then what i have

ive had tanks on and off for the last 8 years and just started a 200g salt tank and wanted to keep it simple with just sand and possibly only one shark. now i have no hands on knowledge of sharks but ive read and researched and am trying to get more info here.

i would love to have a black or white tip but dont think my tank is large enough but i do have access and room for a 600g, but was hoping there was a smaller shark similar to those two breeds that will fit in this 200g being that i really like them?? if not i have no problem starting that larger tank but would also like info on where to purchase these fish for a good price??

thanks
and also any GOOD advise is welcome and thankful

The sharks you are looking at are terribly inappropriate for the home aquarium. These sharks need an excess of 1200 gallons.

The only other sharks that would be even REMOTELY appropriate resemble nothing like the sharks you're after.

The sharks you are looking at are terribly inappropriate for the home aquarium. These sharks need an excess of 1200 gallons.

The only other sharks that would be even REMOTELY appropriate resemble nothing like the sharks you're after.

:agree: Sharks are only for the most experienced hobbyist IMHO, not an easy animal by any means

ok thanks and thats what i figured now in your opinion what shark would you go with on either tank that you really like?

:agree: Sharks are only for the most experienced hobbyist IMHO, not an easy animal by any means

i understand that, and going from fresh to salt was considered a challenge and i have had many beautiful tanks in the past before furoms and help a click away were around so im pretty confident!

it's not really a matter of confidence. I'm sure your tanks have all been lovely. These animals do not belong in home aquariums. They belong in aquariums in the hands of experienced marine biologists and in the ocean. Caring for these animals are not as simple as water changes.

On top of a 4k price tag, on top of shipping, everyplace I have seen that sells them will not sell them to you unless you can prove you have the ability and housing for the animal. There's almost no way to properly provide for the animal in a home environment.

Very few sharks fit in an aquarium. The only one I can think of that gets under 18 inches lives on the bottom of the ocean, so you're out of luck.

With a 600 gallon tank you could get some really amazing groupers, which are much more attractive than sharks. Look into a Coral Hind if you want to WOW onlookers.

Back
Top Bottom