Starting out with plants, need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyINCo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29gal with an Aqueon Floramax bulb in the hood. I recently purchased 3 African swords, 1 Anubias, 1 Java fern, some grassy ground cover that just says "assorted Asia" and some Water wisteria. Substrate is a mix of small natural and black gravel.

I need to know if my light will be sufficient. I made sure to mostly buy plants that said low-moderate light. The only one that said moderate-high was the wisteria. I also have added Nutrafin Plant Gro. I can't afford a co2 system. Any thoughts on home made co2? I also can't afford a fixture set up just yet if I do need more/better light.

The biggest of the swords seems to be spreading out. Does this indicate wilting?

Any input on all of this is greatly appreciated. :cool:

I can't really speak on most of that, but setting up a DIY CO2 system isn't hard, and you can set it up for $10-$15. If you google it you should come up with plenty of information on it. Just make sure you put a check valve on it if you decide to make one. From what I've gathered I don't know if you would need CO2 if you have low light though.

Back
Top Bottom