Still having angelfish death problems...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I posted on here a week or two ago about how I had three angelfish all of a sudden die. I had them for over a year and they were doing great until they began to die one by one. I added a peacock cichlid (was a gift) that actually died a week after adding him. Shortly after, the angels died. My guess is the peacock brought something with him.

So anyway it's been about two weeks now with only Von rio tetras and a emperor terra in my tank. I added two new angelfish about 1.5 inches tall. They were okay until now. The one is starting to lose its balance when swimming and can't swim correctly anymore. This is what happened to my other angels. The second angel is still doing fine. I believe the angel that can't swim correctly will die soon because this is what has already happened. My tetras are fine and haven't had any problems.

My ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and my nitrates are low ( I think around 10 ppm). My ph is higher at around 7.4 but it has always been the same.

If anyone has any idea why I all of a sudden cant keep my angelfish alive it would be greatly appreciated.

I posted on here a week or two ago about how I had three angelfish all of a sudden die. I had them for over a year and they were doing great until they began to die one by one. I added a peacock cichlid (was a gift) that actually died a week after adding him. Shortly after, the angels died. My guess is the peacock brought something with him.

So anyway it's been about two weeks now with only Von rio tetras and a emperor terra in my tank. I added two new angelfish about 1.5 inches tall. They were okay until now. The one is starting to lose its balance when swimming and can't swim correctly anymore. This is what happened to my other angels. The second angel is still doing fine. I believe the angel that can't swim correctly will die soon because this is what has already happened. My tetras are fine and haven't had any problems.

My ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and my nitrates are low ( I think around 10 ppm). My ph is higher at around 7.4 but it has always been the same.

If anyone has any idea why I all of a sudden cant keep my angelfish alive it would be greatly appreciated.

The a balance thing sounds like swim bladder infection. Try to feed them some peas. Take the outer shell off the peas and give the smushed up middle. Not sure if anyone mentioned trying that before or if you did try with the first batch with no success. It's worth a try...

No no one mentioned that but u will try. What causes that? Can they pass it between each other?

My tank is a thirty hex. Yes it's planted with driftwood there are places to hide.

I only floated the bag to acclimate them but they have been in there about a week now

No no one mentioned that but u will try. What causes that? Can they pass it between each other?

My tank is a thirty hex. Yes it's planted with driftwood there are places to hide.

It's a bladder infection that they can from bacteria in their environment, is what I understand. If you just got them, it could be this little guy already had it. I don't think it can be spread from one to another but rather is about environment. If I was you, I would try the peas, and then do a water change of about 30%. Also, if there is any left over food floating around the tank, try to get rid of it. Try not to overfeed as bacteria can build in a tank where there's a lot of left over floating around. And when I say feed them peas, just one or two is sufficient. Ideally, both the angels will have some. I'd do this for a few days. Once the problem is rectified (I hope this will help!!!), then you can give them a treat of peas once a week, again just one or two at a time, I'd say. You may get others with even more experience to chime in here, as well...

Well that is a place to start. Hopefully I can help these guys! Thank you very much. Ill give them some peas today

Back
Top Bottom