stock 50 or 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bala sharks get to big and need a group. clown loaches would be nice but many (of course) would say they get to big for a 50. but they are slow growers so get a least 2 because they are social fish.... I'm pretty sure people will disagree with this but i have had 3 clown loaches for 3 years and i just don't understand why they have grown that much at all

if you can get your hands on pentazona barbs that would be awesome! they are the most calm barbs and don't nip other fish like tiger barbs! but they get around 3 inches i believe.

so yes or nope on clown loch in a pair and any fun personality fish out there

well you do have a bunch of different suggestions here. angelfish will be good to have in a 50, i would do it, but i would be scared that they would pick on smaller fish..... if you want start of with them as small ones so they can grow up with and get used to the surroundings and tank mates. i would say yes for clown loaches.... but that is from my experience. in my planted tank they did not really get any size to them in the past 3 years they probably just grew an inch from when i got them.

ok any one else have advise for angles and why is it my petstore keeps them so they apeer drunk and tilted

and any advise on live or fake plants
sand or gravle
and a list of live plants that will do with what ever light the tank comes with

i would go with fake plants just so you don't have to struggle with dying plants or needing of better lights, but if you do prefer live plants get amazon swords and java ferns, or anubias. i guess if you stick with fake plants then go with gravel (i would honestly go with fake for now)

the angelfish are probably not in good condition then.... i usually ask my local pet store when are there import days so i can get the fish fresh out of the bag because the closest pet store does get good fish but end up dying because the care for them is poor. so if you want you can do the same. and it gives you more fish to choose from.

ok but will the gravle hurt the cory or clown
and what is better for fry to hide in cuz i might not cach it or miss a few id like them to grow up if they breed

ok but will the gravle hurt the cory or clown
and what is better for fry to hide in cuz i might not cach it or miss a few id like them to grow up if they breed

which fry? didnt you say you only have 1 guppy? or are you planning to get more? I'm pretty sure any fry will eaten fast by other fish, so you would have to separate the female or catch the fry at the right time. the gravel in pet stores are usually a bit in the rounder side, but to be safe get sand for the cories and loaches.

ok on that will the angles mess with anyone to bad

fish that grow out together tend to be a better option so start them small so that they DONT mess with any other small fish. i have a zebra lace angelfish with guppies and chili rasboras in my 40 breeder luckily he started small and eventually became good tank mates

You could get a otto or two, and/or a couple peppered cories to even out the dull color

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You could get a otto or two, and/or a couple peppered cories to even out the dull color

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1 definitely but you would have to get a group of at least 5 they are schooling fish and tend to stay social.

Back
Top Bottom