Stock Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallifreyanFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How compatible are gouramis and swordtails? I have a 40 gallon tank with platies, neon tetras, and cory cats. I've been debating whether to get swordtails or a gourami, but I can't decide so I was wondering if I could get both. Also how many gouramis can I get? Thanks!

I don't think you'll have a problem with both. What kind of gourami were you thinking? Two gourami a in the same tank COULD work, but there's a very high chance of them fighting. It depends on the fish. I'd go with one gourami

I had a Dwarf Gourami with Platies and Cory Cats.
I didn't SEE any aggression, but since the DG died a few weeks ago the others seem much more playful. I think he was bullying them.

I'd go for Swordtails. I think they can mate with Platies though, so keep an eye on the male-female ratio.

I was planning on a dwarf gourami because I like their color best. If the gourami ends up bullying fish I have a 10 gallon tank I can keep him in. I think I'll go with the gourami for now and if that doesn't work out I'll get swordtails, because I already have livebearers so I want to try something a little different. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom