stock tank pond??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilley

Aquarium Advice Activist
has anyone made a pond out of one? you know the ones you can get a tractor supply to watre livestock? if so how hard was it and what all did you buy, what kinda fish do you have and how big is the stock tank?

Give it some time, someone is bound to have done this. I think I saw something like this on Youtube, look it up there.

Actually I did one on my deck a few years back. It really wasn't worth the work and effort...I use the stock tank now to hold my fish when I clean my inground pond...Are you talking about sinking it in the ground?

Stock Tank

has anyone made a pond out of one? you know the ones you can get a tractor supply to watre livestock? if so how hard was it and what all did you buy, what kinda fish do you have and how big is the stock tank?
Hi I winter my koi in two 6'x2' stock tanks they do very well with a pressure sand filter converted to kaldness rather than sand,also a Bio-reactor for the extra load of the fifty large koi that winter there. A good friend of mine opted for the stock tank,that which he dug into the ground an 8'x2' deep, it looks great with the skimmer with pump inside leading to a very nice little Bio-water fall. This tank holds his very nice large four koi. This is a very fast,easy and dependable not to mention affordable pond. With stone or brick around the perimeter will look very nice. Go for it ! All the best to you:)

I am researching it now. Am going to either do a hot tub shell or a trough. Good luck to us!

I had to put mine on hold.. With this heat I think I would have a fish fry lol

Cichlid Kid said:
I have a 140gal stock tank integrated into my main pond and it works great.

I love how you have a couch right across from the pond to watch your fish :)

I only have a foldable camping chair

i dont have a pond yet so you all are luckier then me:>)
stock tanks aren't cheap. It may be a while

I had my hands on one but passed on it.. So I could buy the 120 I'm building now lol ill just have a pond in my room not outside lol

I had to pass on a nice 300 gallon dirt cheap..just too much money tied up in fish lately..but did do a 100/gallon for $6.00 :>)

Back
Top Bottom