Stockage questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catou

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I am thinking about buying a new 29 gallon tank and I have some questions about how many fish I should put in it. I already have a 5 gallon tank which only has, now, a nerite snail because the female betta I had with him died. So I thought about moving my snail in the new tank once I bought it and adding two blue ramshorn snail and some red cherry shrimps with him. I also want some corydoras paleatus and some guppies. Guppies being the centrepiece of this tank, I wanted your advice on how many shrimp, corydoras (which I know I should at least put six of them for them to be happy) and guppies I should put in a 29 gallon long tank (the fluvial premium 29 gallon aquarium kit). I also wanted to know if it's okay to put only male guppy (because I want to be sure they don't overbreed) or if it's preferable to put both males and females so the males don't get aggressive. If you notice anything that I shouldn't do, you can tell me please (I'm a newbie and want to be sure everything I do is safe for my fish, shrimp and snail and I want them to be happy). Thank you to take the time to answer my questions!

General rule of thumb is 1 inch of adult fish per gallon. There are also stocking calculator tools like aqadvisor.

https://aqadvisor.com/

If you dont want guppies to breed then stick to all male or all female. Males ensure you arent introducing already pregnant fish. Shouldn't be an aggression problem if there arent females to fight over. Keeping all males is quite common. All fish have their own personalities though.

Back
Top Bottom