stocking 100 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish-4-life

Aquarium Advice Activist
right now im working on my 55 gallon tank which is currently cycling. but im VERY excited about it! lol! im a dental student and in a couple of years oonce i have established my own office and am a dentist, i woudl like a 100 gallon tnak in my waitng room! lol! im dreaming far ahead but im new to the fish hobby and already LOVE it! lol so... i want a lot of schooling fish but a few larger fish too. i really dont know where to start! lol. i know i want large schools of schooling fish as well as cichlids. these are two cichlids i like:
-rams
-blood red parrot cichlids

i have to go right now but once im back i will post more fish i would like... thnx

some more fish:
-rummy nose tetras
-female bettas (?)
-gourami
-danios
-black skirt tetras
-albino rainbow shark
-cory cats
-american flag fish

i really want the BP and rams (bolivians, german blues, gold...)

thnx

i swim said:
some more fish:
-rummy nose tetras
-female bettas (?)
-gourami
-danios
-black skirt tetras
-albino rainbow shark
-cory cats
-american flag fish

i really want the BP and rams (bolivians, german blues, gold...)

thnx

I think a lot of them can work...don't know about the blood parrots though because I have heard different things about them.

this is what i was thinking:
-2 BP (a mated pair)
-5 discus
-10 denison barbs
-albino rainbow shark
-10 rummy nose tetras
-2 kribensis (?)
-3 khuli loaches
-10 killifish (which type is most colorful?)
-12 cory cats

i dont know if im overstocking or not. 100 gallons is a lot but can fill up fast! lol

i swim said:
this is what i was thinking:
-2 BP (a mated pair)
-5 discus
-10 denison barbs
-albino rainbow shark
-10 rummy nose tetras
-2 kribensis (?)
-3 khuli loaches
-10 killifish (maany types. probably a pair of each one available on liveaquaria.com)
-12 cory cats

i dont know if im overstocking or not. 100 gallons is a lot but can fill up fast! lol

Ten Denison barbs is quite a bit. That seems like lots of killifish too, maybe just choose two pairs instead. The blood parrots I'm not sure how well they would do with discus. There are too many cichlids in there IMO and with all those pairs there'd be lots of aggression. Maybe you should just stick with five discus or the BP pair or krib pair and build a stocking list around one of them.

-5 discus
-6 denison barbs
-albino rainbow shark
-8 rummy nose tetras
-2 kribensis
-3 khuli loaches
-6 cory cats
-1 clown loach (?)

could i do a bolivian ram or would that cause aggression?

thanks!

Clown loaches get like a foot long and prefer to be in schools, so they rae not a good option for this tank.
Personally, I wouldn't put kribs in with discus. Discus are expensive and sensitive. I wouldn't risk tankmates like kribs. Thats just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom