Stocking 20 gal-your opinion vs AqAdvisor.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrNitrite

Aquarium Advice Regular
On the AqAdvisor site, I put 7 Panda Corys, 8 Neons, and 15 White Clouds for a 20 gallon tank. It states 87% stocked. Is that overstocking to you? What do you think?

white clouds are minnows right? lol, that's not a fish. that's an edible aquatic animal. neons are the same way. i say that aqua advisor is just bull!!!

For a 20g I think that is about right. I wouldn't put too much more in there though, and add it all slowly -- you don't want to put all of that into a tank that is not established.

white clouds are minnows right? lol, that's not a fish. that's an edible aquatic animal. neons are the same way. i say that aqua advisor is just bull!!!

so youre saying that catfish arent fish because they are 'edible'? that pretty much rules out about every fish then...

White Clouds are popular tropical fishes. Neon Tetras even more so. Can you please tell me what is so "bull" about aqadvisor? I'd like to correct it if you could point out the problem.

Thanks.

On the AqAdvisor site, I put 7 Panda Corys, 8 Neons, and 15 White Clouds for a 20 gallon tank. It states 87% stocked. Is that overstocking to you? What do you think?

I just checked DB - it just happens that your 3 fish selections are amongst the lowest bioload species in the entire DB. It also helps that you have 20g long, rather than 20g tall. Still, perhaps those fishes are rated a tad too low in terms of bioload. Let me experiment a bit more on your stock plan...

I don't see the problem if it says you are 87% stocked...it doesn't say you are over stocked.

This is one of those cases where the program breaks (at least my own) intuition. When I looked at the original stock plan, it looked overstocked. But after entering it in the program, it says it's comfortable. Now that I look at the stock again, keeping in mind the attributes of each species, it kinda makes sense... Those are tiny species. Even Panda cory is one of the smaller cory species. I would also tend to agree this stock plan is ok...

I would say as long as there is enough room for the clouds and neons to swim around you should be fine. The cories will stick to the bottom/mid level. The neons are bottom/mid also and I'm not sure on clouds but I think they are midlevel also. The long tank will definitely help give more room for them to swim.

Back
Top Bottom