Stocking 25 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
As Zimmanski said, it just depends on the footprint. I've seen some large angels, and I've seen some huge angels, but overall I think an average sized angel works in a tall enough tank, the volume isn't as much of a factor as the height.

Does this mean you could keep an angel in a 20 gallon extra tall? It's 20"x10"x24"

Zimmanski said:
I still wouldn't push it with the angels, if you really want one go get the 29gallon at the $1/gallon sale at petco just to be safe. There are freshwater puffers, I really wanted some too but from what I've read they do better in species only tanks as they are aggressive but can be easily out competed for food, unless you go with snails only for them and nothing else eats snails in your tank, but I'm not completely informed about puffers so take what I say with a grain of salt

I agree especially if you end up getting a larger one. I have an Angel in my 220 that is 3 inches long but around 6 inches in height.

Actually, there probably isn't that much difference in the capacity or footprint of a 29g, I think I misspoke. Would you be capable of upgrading in 6 months or so? If you we're able to have a bigger tank in the semi-near future that would open up your options a whole lot

Zimmanski said:
Actually, there probably isn't that much difference in the capacity or footprint of a 29g, I think I misspoke. Would you be capable of upgrading in 6 months or so? If you we're able to have a bigger tank in the semi-near future that would open up your options a whole lot

Just grab a 45 gallon at the PETCO sale. And it could work for a while if you plan on upgrading in the future.

Have you tried your hand at breeding yet? A 25g would be perfect for a small breeder/fry grow out tank, and that could be a lot of fun

Does this mean you could keep an angel in a 20 gallon extra tall? It's 20"x10"x24"

I've kept breeding pairs in 20H's multiple times with regular fin angels, a few different color variants. For a breeding tank, it works just fine, but I wouldn't add anything else. I would not do it with some of the large alpha angels that I've had or superveils. As I mentioned before, some of them stay relatively small, but some get huge.

I've not used an xhigh 20g so I can't comment on that.

Back
Top Bottom