Stocking 29 gal with africans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
My bro, like me, is very interested in the lake Malawi African cichlids. He was thinking maybe he could do:
2 yellow labs
2 peacocks
2 of another Malawi
2 or another Malawi
3 loaches
1 pleco

How does that look for stocking of his 29 gal?
Any suggestions?

I think that is too many, especially with a pleco. You couldn't do a common one. I have 2 Africans and 1 Rainbow Shark in my 29 haha. Rainbow was from my previous stock.

The peacock and yellow lab both get up to 6 inches so I really doubt a 29 is enough space for them. That stock list just doesn't really work in a 29. Check livaquaria.com and look at the minimum tank requirements.
My suggestion is to move your some of your other fish to the 29 instead and give your fish their space, the angels if you still have them in the ten gallon should be the firsts to move.

So maybe some angels with these glofish fry I have when they grow up a little? And my pleco?

So maybe some angels with these glofish fry I have when they grow up a little? And my pleco?

Could do a couple angels..but not a pleco..could do a community with an angel and a school of something and some bristlenose plecos. What would you like to do..you could do.cichlids if you wanted.

It's my brothers tank. I'd like him to take some of these fry when they grow a bit and take an angel or two from my gfs ten gallon and maybe my pleco. But I think he really wants to do some cichlids and clown loaches and a bristle nose or something

I would say the angels you already have put them in the 29 but you'll probably have aggression issues between them in a 29 but its better than a 10 gallon. The pleco depends on what kind, bristle nose would be okay but if its a common plec its going to need a ton more water than that since it can reach about 2 feet in length

It's my brothers tank. I'd like him to take some of these fry when they grow a bit and take an angel or two from my gfs ten gallon and maybe my pleco. But I think he really wants to do some cichlids and clown loaches and a bristle nose or something

Clown loaches would be a big no no.

So it would probably be a better idea to just do small tropical community fish?

Back
Top Bottom