Stocking 37 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samh2855

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,
I'm currently sticking my 37 gallon. It is fully cycled and parameters are good. Long term I'm doing a fully planted tank but for now I just have a ton of anacharis densa in there. What I have stocked so far,
1 Angelfish currently the body size of a 50 cent piece
10 rummynose
5 harlequin raspora

I'd like some more fish that stay towed the top of the tank since it is such a tall tank. I'm just looking for ideas on what to stock and how much I am able to stock. I am over filtering the tank with a sun sun 304 which is rated at 525 gph

Ok well this double posted and I can't figure out how to delete one on the app

I would add another angel or two as they are social fish (as are most) and will do better as a group than a single fish. Rummynose and rasbora numbers are ok but you could also add more rasboras.

Wouldnt the angels be territorial if there was only 2 and not a pair?

No. Angels can be territorial or aggressive but they are often just plan peaceful. I've kept them for years and found an occasionally bully, but mostly they are peaceful. At 50 cent piece size you can't tell sexes, and even if they were a pair they wouldn't necessarily pair up.

What about a few white clouds for your top water fish cheap but are beautiful when mature. I know they are a similarly coloured as the rummy nose. rlederer is right about the angels.

So you both think 2 angels would be ok? I don't have a backup tank if they needed separated. I actually have never seen white clouds before. Are they fairly common? Any more top dwelling suggestions would be welcome. I was thinking a couple dwarf gourami but have heard bad things about keeping two? Was also thinking hatchetfish but I'd rather not have a lid on the tank if possible I like the idea of it being open for some reason

Also how many fish can I keep in the tank? I used aq advisor in the past but honestly I don't trust it much and it seems conservative

White Cloud Mountain minnows are an awesome little fish which lov s to school they are hardy as well and are safe in an aquarium without a canopy. I got 8 in my 45gal and are awesome in my planted community I'm pretty sure there are some pics of them in my profile.

Ok I'll look thanks for the info, I'll consider getting them and another angel. Looks like pet smart has the white clouds and super cheap. Which is a plus bc I'm on a bidget

I have 7 angels in Mz. 50g and they are peaceful , even with my gourami and silver dollars

Oh I forgot a good top dwelling fish is the Danio , I have several , the long finned zebra is my favorite

Ok so update on my tank. I bought some white clouds,6 of them planning on getting more. I got some more rasporas and 6 oto cats for algae. Im still slightly hesitant to get another angel based on how big they get so I'm not sure more than 2 would be appropriate for my tank. I am still worried about 2 getting along. A lot of stuff I read say hit and miss. Should I get another group of schooling fish? Here is my list rn
6 white cloud
8 harlequin raspora
10 rummynose
6 otocinclus
1 Angelfish

Rn the middle of the tank seems a bit empty. Since putting in the new fish the rasporas have migrated to the top with the white clouds. Thanks for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom