Stocking 5.5 Hex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
what would you do with a 5.5 hex?

Attachments

• image-1253420823.jpg
    image-1253420823.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 61
I would either do a shrimp tank or a male betta setup. African dwarf frogs would work to.

The problem with doing a shrimp is Id have to use a sponge filter, Right? Now its a tank with a huge sponge in it... Great. also id need to spend more money to get a grow light. Im saving for my reef build. I have 2 10g with male bettas already.. I doubt this is possible, but would kuhlie loaches ( spelling :/ ) or botais work... prob not big enough right? gups or molls could work though right. Should I get a pair of gups?

I don't think mollies would they need bigger tanks. Guppies might work out I would get endlers though smaller and similar to guppies in a 5.5 you could get 1 male 2 female endlers and 10 ghost shrimp. Also the tank is to small for kuhli loaches.

I would buy a micro hob filter the brand really wouldn't matter for a micro filter. I would reccomend buying a 50 watt heater. Keep the water temp at 76 degrees.

How much would those cost me do you think?
I might do fancies... Bring back the childhood!
Even if im only 16 lol

How about moving one of the bettas to the hex and using the 10g for a nano community? If not a single dwarf puffer would work in the hex provided the filtration is good.

There are any number of nano fish you could do in a 5.5g tank. A pair of scarlet badis and a few shrimp would be great. A school of Chili rasbora's would look really great. They are very tiny and color up really bright red, especially the males. Or as already suggested move a betta into the smaller tank and make the 10g into a nano fish tank or something interesting.

A pair of sparkling gourami and some cherry shrimps maybe

Back
Top Bottom