Stocking 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just decided to build a cabinet and set up my old 55 gallon. I ordered a fluval 406 canister filter rated for 100 gallon tank. I want to do a community peaceful tank with low light easy plants.
I was thinking:
6-8 rainbowfish
2-3 denison barbs
2 dwarf gouramis
4-5 Ottos
3-4 corys

How does this stocking sound for my setup?

Sounds great in general. I'm not too familiar with Denisons, but I thought they were better in a school and in a larger tank. I'd up the corys and otos to ~7 each. What kind of cory, btw?

Denison's can try a 55g, but that's the smallest min size tank. I have 5 in mine, but 3 are quite small. They are quite fast swimmers and like room.
I would say get 4-5 Denison's if you have room , knowing you may need to rehome them in the future. I'm told there are a couple of look like fish sold as Denison's. One stays 4.5" and one gets larger.

Consider doing 5-7 Otos and Cories. The more you have the better they act.

I plan to end up with 5-6 Otos and 8-10 Cory sterbai in my 55g

Your Dwarf Gourami might not enjoy so many fast fish eating all the food.

GL with your tank. This is mine, still working on getting ferts and carbon to my plants.
20b103efed5cc8b977034455039e7eed.jpg

2306d4da8fb45ffb0fa0c2f9a80a53d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what kind of cory's yet.

Thanks for the advice your tank looks great. Here is where I am so far. Waiting on my substrate and filter to come in.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1464578492.433826.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you. They are Malaysian Driftwood I bought off the Internet a couple years ago when I had my tank up and going. I'm hoping they still sink instead of float

Very nice looking tank Coursair

I would up the count of denisons to at least 6 but other than that, your stock list looks good to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom