Stocking 90L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Becki273

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm looking for some advice and ideas on stocking my 90Litre tropical tank. I currently have 4 mollies, 1x male and 3 females, what other fish would be compatible with these? And how many? I have a female platty in my cold water tank that's being bullied by my danios and was thinking of putting her in with the mollies, would this be wise?
I'm looking for quite a colourful diverse tank.

Any ideas?

Hi I'm looking for some advice and ideas on stocking my 90Litre tropical tank. I currently have 4 mollies, 1x male and 3 females, what other fish would be compatible with these? And how many? I have a female platty in my cold water tank that's being bullied by my danios and was thinking of putting her in with the mollies, would this be wise?
I'm looking for quite a colourful diverse tank.

Any ideas?

Yes put the platy in with the mollies , they get along just fine, I've both in my 200 litre the platies I think are more peaceful but I would get her a buddy another female , not sure how any fish you should have in a 90 . I'm sure someone will let you know :) ooo and watch out for the babies .. I'm currently re homing my male mollies after 2 broods of 30 fry ! They are really cute but I'm sticking to females from now on ;)

Ill do that then. I thought the platty had fin rot but after observation noticed that the danios were the culprits! The big bullies! I love the fan tail bettas but have read conflicting information on them. I'm a novice with tropical tanks only have some experience with orandas and danios :S

Ill do that then. I thought the platty had fin rot but after observation noticed that the danios were the culprits! The big bullies! I love the fan tail bettas but have read conflicting information on them. I'm a novice with tropical tanks only have some experience with orandas and danios :S

You can't go wrong with mollies and platys ,

Ok thank you :) my wish list would be bellow just wondering if this would be a good mix and numbers ill be looking at

4 x mollies (already in)
2 x platties (move the female over and a friend for her)

And then to add these??
Fantail betta
Corydoras
Dwarf Gourami
Female Guppies
Blue Rams

Can this be done and what numbers??

HI Try going on AqAdvisor.com http://AqAdvisor.comtype in your tank size and what fish you want and it gives you a percentage for how full your tanks is, i did it for my 80L and it showed:
4 Mollies
2 Platys
4 Bronze corydoras

as being 97% full so you might want to check it out on there before you get anymore fish :)

Hope this helps a little

Ah I tried that calculator before and found it very confusing! Ill give it a go again though. Would these breeds be compatible together though?

Ok thank you :) my wish list would be bellow just wondering if this would be a good mix and numbers ill be looking at

4 x mollies (already in)

And then to add these??
Fantail betta
Corydoras
Dwarf Gourami
Female Guppies
Blue Rams

I would say yes to the corydoras and minimum of 4
And yes to the female guppies ,

But sorry not had any experience with the others.

4 x mollies (already in)

And then to add these??
Fantail betta
Corydoras
Dwarf Gourami
Female Guppies
Blue Rams

I don't have any experience other than research, but personally I would lose the betta. They often don't do well in tanks with livebearers (there always are exceptions to the rule, but they tend to be aggressive to anything flashy such as mollies, platy's and guppies), and pick either a pair of dwarf gouramis or blue rams.

If you go with the dwarf gourami i think your planned stock would be ok minus the rams and betta. Be careful about conditions for these guys as they're known to be pretty weak - possibly skip on the guppies to bring down the bioload a bit. Also if getting 2 dwarfs, males get territorial with their own species so make sure there's plenty of hiding places or decorations (plants, rocks, ornaments etc. In a 90L there shouldn't be too much of a problem with just 2 but you never know.

Rams more or less the same advice, but keep no more than 2 (male and female).

Guppies - i wouldn't, but if you stay on top of water parameters then you might be ok. Don't keep many, 2 or 3 might well be enough.

Corydoras - these guys are schooling fish so give them a small group (5+) and they'll do best

Sooooo, I decided to go for:
4 platypus and the 1 from my cold water tank and 2 Cory's to start off (one peppered and one Albino)

Unfortunately some of the fish I bought were infected and I lost majority of my fish :(

I now have 2 female mollies, one female platty and my 2 Cory's

I'm now a little nervous to introduce fish from my local pet store and would be more inclined to go to a aquarists. I want to stay away from mollies and plattys as so far I haven't had much luck with them at all! All in all with my other tank I've had 9 platty sand only have one left. I keep the water levels in tip top condition so a bit stumped by it. Anyway I'm looking to adding more Cory's and maybe dwarf gouramis but not sure what else. I'd like some cherry shrimp in the futures. I have 2 freshwaters in my cold water tank

Any advice??

Back
Top Bottom