Stocking a 3 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there anything small enough to add to my 3 gallon with my betta, other than a ghost shrimp. My betta tends to kill ghost shrimp except for the last one surviving in the bowl right now. So I was wondering is there anything else that can keep him company. Also, I am not too fond of ADFs, even though they probaly can not be added anyways. How about pygmy cories? Or panda cories. They are a good bottom feeder, but they are more active and interesting than an oto, since they are like 2x more lively.

If your betta kills ghost shrimp, it may be because he's not very tolerant of tankmates period. He'd probably pick on the ADFs too. Unfortunately, some bettas are this way. Corys are most happy in groups of five or more - no way in a 3 gal. The only other possible tankmate I can think of is a snail.

No, you would be thinking of dinner fish. Understandable mistake. They sound kinda similar. :lol:

I like my fish real. Lol. I guess he will have to be alone. I really don't like snails. Thanks for the help.

A 3gal tank is not going to be a community setup anyway, so I think it is perfectly fine for a betta by himself. It is too much to ask him to share such a small territory.

I know he will be fine by himself. It's just that I wanted something else in there to make it even more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom