Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to be upgrading to a 55 gallon tank. And i would like to get some suggestions on what to add to my community tank.
Here is my Current stock: 1 Marble Koi Angel, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 4 albino cory cats, 6 Zebra Danios, 1 Dalmatian Molly, 1 Balloon Belly Molly, 1 Mickey Mouse Platy, 1 Sunburst Platy, 1 Rubber lipped Pleco.

Thanks

I would add some more cory cats, and another school of something. Are there any fish in particular that you are interested in?

Not really sure, since I just decided to upgrade I haven't really been thinking about other fish I want to get nJust want to get something cool.
Since I have albino cory's do i have to get more albino cory's or can i get another type? Will they be ok, and get along. And what are some cool looking schooling fish?

You could add more albinos, but you could also add a different kind. They school better with the same, but still get along just fine.

And it really is up to you and what you want schools of..barbs, tetras, danios, etc..

Ok good to know. I want something that will get along with my current stock.

Could get a school of loaches of some kind..your tank isn't enough for clown loaches, otherwise that would be cool.

I won't be adding any for a few weeks so i have some time to decide. I want to get my current stock moved into the new tank and make sure they are settled in.

Got my new tank up and running. So in the new few weeks i will wanting to add a group of schooling fish and maybe one more fish. And recommendations?

I was thinking maybe a Red Tailed Shark ? Would that be ok with my current stock?

Any info and advice is appreciated.

Yup, I have a rainbow and he is great! I actually have him in my cichlid tank haha.

Yup, I have a rainbow and he is great! I actually have him in my cichlid tank haha.

Ok thanks. I will definitely look into them. Do you think they will get along with my Angel and Dwarf Gourami?

They can become aggressive as the mature..and sometimes can be territorial right away. He might be perfectly fine or might not be haha. Rainbows tend to be less aggressive than red tails

Back
Top Bottom