stocking advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, a second 55-75 gallon tank is in my very near future for my clown loaches. I think i have decided what I want to put in there, but tell me what you think.

5-7 clown loaches
a pair of angels
a school of cory cats (haven't decided which ones yet)

I'd rethink the clowns. They do get big, and that's a quite a few of them. I'd cut it down to 2 or 3, and mix in some other loaches as well, if you want loaches. They all get along. Might even think of maybe 1 red tail shark or a rainbow shark if you want to give it a little bit of an agressive look. And as for angels, if you have another tank around, I'd get 3, and if 2 pair off, move the 3rd to the other tank or give back to the lfs. It's cheaper than trying to buy a mated pair. They tent to be more expensive as a mated pair than singles. I'm still deciding if I want 3 or 5 angels for my 75G. Still leaning towards 5. Will see what the breeder says when I talk to him and order. I'm going direct through a breeder for my angels.

Edit:

When well established, can look into Rams too. Bolivians or German Blues. I think I'm addicted, lol

Could also do a school of Serpae Tetras to fill out the tank as well.

If your not tied to angels a school of rainbows would look spectacular in a tank like that as well. Wolf is probably right 3-4 clowns would work better.

well i am stuck with the clowns, as i already have three of them. They will outgrow the tank they are in now, but as of right now, all three are less than three inches long.

I have always wanted angels, so i am kinda stuck on that one too. I guess i can see if i will have room in my current 55 gallon for the third angel to make that end easier. We'll see how that goes.

What would you guys recommend for the cory cats? I am having a tough time deciding which ones to get...

Back
Top Bottom