Stocking Help for 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seabunny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have a 20 g tank with 7 pristella tetras. I have fake driftwood and fake plants, sand substrate, and currently have my temp at 77 F. I'm finishing up my cycle, but am wanting to plan out my tank stocking. I'm thinking of the following:

7 pristella tetras
6 panda cories
1 Bolivian ram

I definitely want the ram, and I already have the pristellas. I'm negotiable on the panda cories :) Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you so much! :)

Your stocking list sounds fine, though you could add more tetras as mentioned above.
Not a fan of platies because of their bioload and potential to breed.

Your stocking list sounds fine, though you could add more tetras as mentioned above.
Not a fan of platies because of their bioload and potential to breed.
I'm not a fan of livebearers, to be honest.

How many tetras would you recommend adding? The ram and the cories would be okay together?

Hello,

I have a 20 g tank with 7 pristella tetras. I have fake driftwood and fake plants, sand substrate, and currently have my temp at 77 F. I'm finishing up my cycle, but am wanting to plan out my tank stocking. I'm thinking of the following:

7 pristella tetras
6 panda cories
1 Bolivian ram

I definitely want the ram, and I already have the pristellas. I'm negotiable on the panda cories :) Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you so much! :)

Bolivian Rams are social fish, as most are, but rams are gregarious. Two or more rams would be a healthier and happier group.

Bolivian Rams are social fish, as most are, but rams are gregarious. Two or more rams would be a healthier and happier group.

Do you think I could do two rams with the panda cories? I worry that the cories would be in the ram's territory, and would thus end up getting chased out and possibly hurt.

I also worry about accidentally getting two males. Would this be a major issue, do you think?

I really hope to get a male/female pair, but will definitely add lots of hiding places!

Back
Top Bottom