Stocking help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One question for ya'll. Cardinals are very pretty, especially in large groups. My husband and I have seen them in the lfs. Does anyone know if they are prone to same health problems that neon's have? Like neon tetra disease or you know, just dropping dead for no apparent reason? Thanks!

Once they are acclimated, I think they are generally healthier than Neons.
I also recommend glowlight tetras as an underappreciated beautiful tetra.

Slightly larger tetras that I really enjoy also are bleeding heart Tetras. Using voice to text with Siri is always entertaining with fish names LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh, have you thought about rainbowfish? I have P. furcata, very pretty coloring! They're active and in my tank usually hang out with the CPDs.

This is one of mine but if you do a Google search you'll find much better quality pics:

img_3157963_0_22e5fd60a782b3aaf8c168dc2d50381d.jpg

Male Endlers are available in a bunch of colors and patterns too!

Once they are acclimated, I think they are generally healthier than Neons.
I also recommend glowlight tetras as an underappreciated beautiful tetra.

Slightly larger tetras that I really enjoy also are bleeding heart Tetras. Using voice to text with Siri is always entertaining with fish names LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

LOL, I can imagine that would come up with some awesome names. Thanks!

One question for ya'll. Cardinals are very pretty, especially in large groups. My husband and I have seen them in the lfs. Does anyone know if they are prone to same health problems that neon's have? Like neon tetra disease or you know, just dropping dead for no apparent reason? Thanks!

I actually heard they are way more hardier than neon tetras and mine are going through ich right now and there was one point where I thought they were goners, I'm talking colorless and swimming towards the bottom and over the day they just got better. On the one that had the actual ich spot, it disappeared. Weird, right? Lol but yeah they're really cool fish and hardy. They've stuck it out this weekend/week so far with ich and they're really peaceful fish. But they can be hogs when it comes to feeding but that's all fish lol. They'll do great in a group of 6-8. 10 would just look amazing.

Any of the ideas given would work well. I gravitate to oddballs, hard to find, rare and wild type fish.

When I had GBR's I had them with killifish and lampeyes. There is something mesmerising about a school of lampeyes or blue eyed rainbows.

Don't discount endlers, wild type mollies, wild type swords, and gold form least killifish.

I would spent sometime cruising AquaBid and check the stocklists at msjinkzd.com, gunpowderaquatics.com and swampriveraquatics.com for ideas.

When you find something you like. Run with it.

Back
Top Bottom