Stocking ideas for 15 gallon tall Aqueon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Garrett-

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I have a 15 gallon aquarium with heater, clean substrate, 10-20 gallon rated filter, and bubble wand. I used to house a pair of bright blue dwarf discuss fish that died when my room mate neglected them while I was away. I have now resurfaced the interior of the aquarium and am considering getting some bumble bee gobbies and fiddler crabs and creating a brackish tank. I have a piece of drift wood that has been boiled for over four hours with a large surface area above the water that I think crabs might like and would be interesting to observe. The aquarium has not been cycled yet and has no marine salt and has been running tap water for three days as of now. Does anyone have any advice about the compatibility of bumble bee gobbies and crabs. I would also like to get snails but do not know if they are suitable for brackish aquariums. I am also open to any other ideas for stocking the aquarium with either freshwater of brackish fish. Below is a picture of my aquarium as of right now. Thank you so much for reading this post and helping me out :)

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 230
Well I am pretty sure fiddlers need sand, so you might want to convert to sand, that might also be too much water for them too.

+1 to what pckerfreak said. Fiddlers need sand. Also, I think bumblebee gobies need a bigger tank. I think they need a bare minimum of a 20 gallon long, preferably a 30 gallon. And, just for future reference,(I am not trying to be mean! Honest!) discus need a 55 gallon or more.

And by the way, :welcome: to the forum!

I have a 15 gallon tall also and I just turned it into a betta tank. I have 2 male bettas in it with a divider. I have a 37 gallon with the natural look so this one I just had fun with, I call it my Easter island :)

ForumRunner_20120828_230921.jpg

Bumblebee gobies are tiny, I'd keep them in as small as a 5g. As far as stocking goes, a 15t doesn't really afford many options for brackish stuff but you could probably work in a small killifish species in there.

Thanks

thanks guys I appreciate the input so far, and I goofed when I wrote the post I meant to write gouramis not discuss, I would love to have had discuss fish but have not had the resources.

Back
Top Bottom