Stocking ideas for my 72g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyblaze8814

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Just joined the forums a few minutes ago (after lurking for the past few months!) I finally got my tank setup and started my fishless cycle a few days ago. I figured it's time to start thinking of stock. Here's some info on my setup:

72g bowfront
2x fluval 406 filters
2 heaters
Live plants
Finnex planted plus lighting

I def want to go with a peaceful community. Here are some fish I'm interested in, would be nice to incorporate into my stock

Cory catfish / rainbow fish / glofish

I would like a centerpiece fish as well.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

Thanks all!

Here's a few pics of my tank (still deciding on background)

IMG_1476664382.461990.jpg

IMG_1476664433.457990.jpg

IMG_1476664512.711110.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1476664403.603743.jpg
    IMG_1476664403.603743.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 39
Very nice start, I love bowfronts! (y)

For a centerpiece fish, a single gold gourami would fit well in that tank (they can get up to 6" in size), or maybe a pair of angels, though they can get territorial if they decide to lay eggs.

Thanks for the reply. Would one angelfish be bad? Do they need to at least be a pair? I've read some conflicting stuff with some saying there could be only one angel in the tank and others saying there should be two, although they may fight. I really want to avoid any fighting. Some also recommend a roktiel severum as a centerpiece. What do you think of one of those?

I'm not fond of the idea of a "centerpiece" fish. Virtually all fish are much happier and healthier in groups - shoals or schools. Corys and rainbows and glofish do best in schools. A single angel can be aggressive towards smaller fish, as well.

I'm not fond of the idea of a "centerpiece" fish. Virtually all fish are much happier and healthier in groups - shoals or schools. Corys and rainbows and glofish do best in schools. A single angel can be aggressive towards smaller fish, as well.

I'm not married to the idea of a centerpiece fish. What do you think would be a good stocking without a centerpiece fish? Preferably incorporating cory's, rainbows and glofish

No severums. They are best kept in 100gallon and up

Id get 7 boesemani rainbows, 15 neon tetras and fill the rest with corys

How's this sound?

12x Cory cats

7x boesmani rainbows

12x tetra glofish

1 gold gourami

Doesn't really matter. I would go 6 cories twice then go by group

Back
Top Bottom