stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so im getting ready to stock my new 45 gallon tank and was wondering what u guys think about this list its just the fish list the cuc is already figured out

1. lemonpeel angel
2. 2 clowns ( witch i have already )
3. lawnmower blenny
4. yellow watchman goby
5. 2 blue-green chromis

is this too much or will this work?

i do plan on reef but ive wanted a lemonpeel since the beginning. im gonna try it out if it dosnt work out he will be going in my 46 gallon fowlr. if he dosnt work out what other kinda bigger fish do u suggest?

Before my Lemonpeel died, he did ok with my coral. He rarely nipped. But it all depends on your specimen.:)

Greenturtle said:
Um chromis don't really do well in pairs. I would recommend 3. I really like mine :)
U know that funny because as I read this I was walking out of my lfs with 2 blue-green chromis. I did not know that. I will see how they do before I buy a third.

And with the lemonpeel I gonna give it a shot if he starts acting up to the fowlr he goes

So far so good and I just added my clowns today to and everybody getting along and having fun together. The pic is kinda bad but they all move so darn fast its hard to catch them

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110923_165509.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110923_165509.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 98
paulweck said:
So far so good and I just added my clowns today to and everybody getting along and having fun together. The pic is kinda bad but they all move so darn fast its hard to catch them

I know what you mean, I can't ever get a good pic of them.

Alright when we say that chromis don't do good in pairs what kinda things happen. I have none that is a outcast and he's hiding right now and I can't find him. The other one is playing with my clowns and the three look fine and eating fine

I don't remember if anyone told me why I just remember that when they were recommended to me they said to get odd numbers and they would do better. I have three and they are sometimes together and at other times they are totally separate from each other.

I don't necessarily agree with the odd number of chromis. I once had 3 also thinking odd was better from what I was reading and they were fine until they picked on one until they killed the one. Now the two get along perfectly fine. Before when there was 3 they were always fighting. Same thing happen to my friend who had 5 and went down to 4 chromis because they also ended up picking on only one.

Back
Top Bottom