Stocking Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone! I have a 55 gallon and am looking at add more fish! I'm wondering what to get. I'm all for QUANTITY of the fish overall.
Currently I have:
4x adult mollies
1x tuxedo platy
3x long finned black skirt tetras
6x red eye tetras
4x X-ray tetras
2x plecos
2x male guppies

I am for sure getting 3 angels. Angels are my favorite fish, I just had to recently get rid of my last angel because he turned aggressive and killed the last two. Next time, I buy them all at the same time instead of having one older than others -_-'

I also want a rainbow shark, not completely sure yet though.

I also want at least 3 more X-ray tetras

And finally 4 female guppies

I do not want anymore mollies, platys, or red eye tetras.
Once again it's a 55 gallon long! ^_^ any fish that can go along with my current stock I want recommendations!
Pictures if possible would be great if you happen to have them readily available.
Thanks!

Hey everyone! I have a 55 gallon and am looking at add more fish! I'm wondering what to get. I'm all for QUANTITY of the fish overall.
Currently I have:
4x adult mollies
1x tuxedo platy
3x long finned black skirt tetras
6x red eye tetras
4x X-ray tetras
2x plecos
2x male guppies

I am for sure getting 3 angels. Angels are my favorite fish, I just had to recently get rid of my last angel because he turned aggressive and killed the last two. Next time, I buy them all at the same time instead of having one older than others -_-'

I also want a rainbow shark, not completely sure yet though.

I also want at least 3 more X-ray tetras

And finally 4 female guppies

I do not want anymore mollies, platys, or red eye tetras.
Once again it's a 55 gallon long! ^_^ any fish that can go along with my current stock I want recommendations!
Pictures if possible would be great if you happen to have them readily available.
Thanks!

How tall is the tank? As I'm sure you know angels can get some length to their fins. Long term it may be best if they were in a tall tank.

With the mollies and guppies you will soon have plenty of fish.
What kind of pleco?

If you're interested in rehoming some of your current stock, I think some of the following would be cool: red/blue tetras, cardinals tetras, glass cats, ghost shrimp (they will get eaten!), Malaysian trumpet snails, more black skirts, and maybe a dwarf cray!

I don't know exactly how tall but I know it's definitely tall enough.
I've had fully grown angels before.

Anyways, what will the ghost shrimp be eaten by?

Just original common plecos.

Hmmm okay. I'd love to know how tall.

Your tetras, angels, and mollies will all munch on the shrimp. They are. Cheap and interesting to watch. I enjoyed them .

Your plecos will eventually outgrow that tank fairly quickly. How about bristle nose plecos? I also like otos

I'm currently trying to get ahold of fiddler crabs as scavengers so I can get rid of them. I want earth eater cichlids but they don't have them ANYWHERE!! :( none at my LFS or eBay :(

I've never actually had fiddler crabs but from what I understand they require brackish water and some land that they can crawl on. They would not work in a freshwater community tank. I'd stick to ghost shrimp and snails as "scavengers", although some of the baby ghost shrimp may become snacks for the angels and mollies.

I'd shoot for at least 6 fish for each of tetras, preferably more. The two common plecos will need to be rehomed at some point as they will certainly outgrow your tank. As bigbanker suggested maybe try looking into bristlenose or even rubberlip plecos? You could also add a nice sized school of corys too.

Like people have said, you will eventually need to rehome the plecos, but you could try
BN plecos. Once you rehome the plecos you can add some angels. I would add more BS tetras and X-Ray tetras. You could also add more guppies.

Why AFTER rehoming plecos?

Because plecos eat and poop, alot. Rey also get an average of 16-18 inches long. They would barely be able to turn around in a 55... The suggestion I remove them is because they get massively to massive for a 55 :) and angels also get large ... Remove two future giants to as two semi-giants basically...

Because plecos eat and poop, alot. Rey also get an average of 16-18 inches long. They would barely be able to turn around in a 55... The suggestion I remove them is because they get massively to massive for a 55 :) and angels also get large ... Remove two future giants to as two semi-giants basically...

Currently trying to rehome my two plecos. Thanks a bunch !

Back
Top Bottom